Saturday, October 27, 2012

SELLING MACARONS & Making Pumpkin Bread Sandwiches

It was a hella long week full of work and macarons. After work on Wednesday, I decided to post some macarons photos on Facebook. I was hoping for one or two requests, but no I got 6 on the first night. Everyone ordered at least a box of macarons. It was half past three in the morning till I realize I need to get some sleep. I went to bed with a sore arm and a happy smile =)

If you're in LA and would love to try some macarons leave me a message or find Chez Ma Cuisine on Facebook!




Besides macarons, I have a recipe to share. It is almost Halloween and less than a month away from Thanksgiving! My favorite ingredient in the fall is squash--let it be butternut squash or pumpkin. I love them in ravioli and pureed in a bowl of creamy soup. Of course, all Thanksgiving feast must end with two slice of pumpkin pie.

I recently discovered a new way to enjoy pumpkin. I made two loaves of pumpkin bread, which I sliced up into thick, luscious slices and made a turkey sandwich. When I was assembling the sandwich, I simply buttered a thin layer of cream cheese, topped with turkey slices and a handful of spinach. There's no need for butter or mayo as the bread is moist enough. Let your Thanksgiving imagination create the perfect lunch!
 
Pumpkin Bread
Makes 2 loaves
3 eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
15oz or 1 cane of pumpkin puree
3 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and dust some flour into two loaf pans. 

Prepare two large bowls. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in one bowl. In the other bowl, break the eggs and mix well with the oil, sugar, salt and pumpkin puree. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the bowl holding the dry ingredients. Use a wooden spoon and incorporate the flour into the wet ingredients until the whiteness of the flour just disappears.

Pour half the batter into one pan and the rest in the other pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.




1 comment:

  1. WOW! Congrats! 6 orders? That`s, wonderful. They look wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete