Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Morning Made Easy: Breakfast Bagel with Fruits

What do you eat everyday for breakfast?

I'm not the type that eats the same breakfast everyday. I cannot do milk + cereal and I definitely cannot eat the same flavor of cereal e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y. Thank god cereal doesn't go bad, ever (or do they?) because I keep at least two boxes of cereal in my pantry, and even more when I still lived with Evelyn. 

Thinking about cereal...I don't think I drink the same milk from week to week. I switch it up with soy, coconut, low fat, none fat, and vitamin fortified milk. Tonight I'm planning on soaking some almonds to make a almond+kale+spinach milkshake! More update on that later...maybe I won't ever mention it again if it turns out too healthy for my liking. You see I'm struggling between indulging good and eating healthy.

I guess what I had for breakfast a couple days ago is tasty and healthy at the same time? Although bagels are loaded with carbs and cream cheese heavy in fat, they fill you up and prevents me from snacking in between breakfast and lunch.

This breakfast idea is adapted from Vegetarian Times. What VT suggested was whip cream cheese with a little sugar and vanilla extract for extra flavor then spread onto a tortilla topped with fresh fruits. You roll everything up to make a breakfast burrito! I don't think I have time in the morning to take out my electric mixer and whip some cream cheese when I can spread the cream on bread and be done with  it. 



What I'm sharing today is a new way to enjoy bagel in the morning, no fuss.

Toast bagel
While bagel is toasting, slice up seasonal fruits
Take bagel out from toaster, spread cream cheese, pile fruits on top of one bagel slice
Close the bagel like a burger.

You can prepare the vanilla flavored cream cheese the night before by whipping 1/4 cup cream cheese with 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. If you are craving for a sugar high, marinate fruits with a sprinkle of sugar overnight. Remember to leave the sliced fruits in a strainer and placed over the bowl. This way you won't have a soggy bagel on the way to work.





No comments:

Post a Comment